Your Monday Chuckle
This arrived in our Spam folders this morning:
To Hausfeld LLP et al:
Well, if you’ve forgotten about our past posts and the subsequent veiled and not-so-veiled threats from you and your associates we’ve received this year over the Dryer vs NFL Films Settlement offer, it might be a good idea to go back and read them first. This is a blog. We voice OPINIONS. It’s an editorial right protected under the First Amendment. The ACLU will have a field day with you and the NFL if you’d like to take that topic up with them.
In the meantime,”as responsible journalists,” we’ll certainly post your item on OUR blog as soon as you and your partner firms do the following:
- Operate as ethical attorneys;
- Represent your clients;
- Provide full disclosure on backroom side deals with the NFL;
- Provide full Opt-Out and Objection forms immediately to all members of the class;
- Publicly disclose all Opt-Outs and Objections immediately instead of blocking them from view until just before the next hearing;
- Stop client-shopping and represent and consult with the Original Plaintiffs in this lawsuit.
This is all the more reason to be sure and vote in our poll if you haven’t already so we can tell everyone what retired players think of this Settlement Offer that these lawyers and the NFL want to cram down our throats. And while we’re at it, we strongly suggest bringing in an attorney to file your Opt-Out and/or Objections so that they don’t get thrown out in the trash when they’re received. In fact, the one attorney I know I can trust is Jason Luckasevic at Goldberg Persky White. His phone number is 1(800) 471-3980. He can answer any questions you might have and certainly take care of filing your paperwork for you.
Oh – and our opinion if you haven’t figured it out by now? It’s still a crappy deal!