Dear NFL Retired Players,
We decided years ago to commit ourselves to improving the conditions of the NFL Retired Players. There have been hundreds of former players who have given of themselves in a variety of efforts with their time and money so that those in need would be provided for. We turned to our Union but they said, “You have been given enough.”
Why do we have to sit still and wait for an organization that really isn’t concerned with our issues to make the changes we need for the NFL Retired Players?
What would you say if you could have a recognized, certified organization of NFL Retired Players that is self funded in a manner that would allow this body to really help its membership.
- What if this membership could raise millions of dollars per year?
- What if each year every member received a dividend check from the profits earned through our organization?
- What if every NFL Retired Player had a vote that counted and this organization was transparent to all its members?
- What if we could provide Medical Insurance for every Retired Player that needed it?
- What if this organization formed a 501 C-6 so that we could lobby Senators and Congressmen on our behalf?
- What if this organization had its own NFL Retired Players facility that housed the records of every Player who ever played in the NFL and each was recognized in their own fashion?
- What if millions of people paid a small amount of money to get into this facility to see the NFL paraphernalia of every player who ever played?
What would you say if we became a unified family of NFL Retired Players so that when a new member comes into our family, we would welcome him with a very memorable ceremony. What would you say to an organization that was in place to meet the specific needs of the NFL Retired Player? What if you could get answers to all your questions and concerns by picking up the phone and dialing a dedicated number?
The mission of this organization should be for the improvement of the conditions and welfare of the NFL Retired Player. That was once the mission for NFL Retired Players and should be reinstated for the foreseeable future.
We want to assure you that the issues of improved Pensions as well as a much-improved Disability Plan top our list of things we need to accomplish first.
Imagine an organization of NFL Retired Players that belongs to its members, not just the leaders it elects. This organization will be transparent in every way, doing its best to provide for the welfare of its members.
So – what do you say?
Retired Player Advocates
Sign up for The Retired Player Advocates Summit by clicking the Summit tabs at the top of this blog.