As Close to an Audit as We’ll Get for Now
Wow! We’ve spent some time looking over that NFLPA 2007 LM-2 Filing that they had to turn in to the U.S Dept. of Labor in May 0f 2008. It’s been interesting pulling out .details of how “our union” spends “our money.” We posted some of our first tidbits (click HERE) and then even discovered that the Director of Human Resources had pulled down close to $200,000 that year (click HERE).
But the document was so big that we struggled to find a simple way to put the whole thing up online for everyone to read. We finally decided to break the entire 900+ pages into five sections for easier storage and viewing. Here’s a short guide to what’s in each of the five sections:
- Part 1 – The first section contains general summaries of: assets, liabilities, income and expenses (insights into the high life);
- Part 2 – This is the first of three sections that disclose royalty and licensing payments to players etc.;
- Part 3 – This is the second of three sections that disclose royalty and licensing payments to players etc.;
- Part 4 – This is the third of three sections that disclose royalty and licensing payments to players etc.
- Part 5 – The final section covers general expenses such as overhead, document shredding, vendors etc. as well as royalty and licensing income.
Everything you need is at the top of the viewing window including the back and forward buttons to advance back-and-forth from page-to-page. And of course, you can also use the Page Up and Page Down keys as well as the Home and End keys on your keyboard to navigate the document. You can enlarge the window for easier viewing by clicking on the Expand Window button located in the upper far right corner of the navigation bar (click on it again to reduce it back to the smaller size). And you can even search the document by clicking on the small search button just to the left of the Enlarge button. (Or a full Search bar is available after you expand the viewing window; you can then type your search word(s) into this window.) To navigate to a page faster, click on the Page Navigation button and you can get to a page simply by clicking on it.
Please keep in mind that some sections are 250+ pages long so it may be a little slow at times as you browse and search through the pages.
Well, with that all out of the way, we’re sending you over to the Scribd document storage site (where they definitely have more capacity and bandwidth than we do) to view or download the 2007 NFLPA LM-2 Filing. Click HERE to get to their site (short registration may be required).
Now we can’t wait for the 2008 LM-2 to show up in May 2009!