The Players, Inc. Trial GLA List

Nov 25, 2008

We’re sorry for not having posted this list earlier. It’s the final approved list of all the players who had signed the GLA (General Licensing Agreement) during the years approved for the class action. (Click on the Full Screen button to enlarge it for easier navigation and hit the ESC key to close. If you want to see if you’re on the list, simply type your last name in that Search bar in the menu above the document and press the GO button.)

GLA Players List

The list is also available for download in Adobe PDF format and you need to have Adobe Reader downloaded and installed on your computer to view and/or print it. You can download a free copy of Adober Reader by clicking on the Adobe Reader Button:

If you already have Adobe Reader installed, click on the Get GLA Players List button below to read the final GLA List (you can also right-click the Get GLA List button and select Save Link As to save a copy of the file to your computer).

Posted by | Categories: News | Tagged: , , , , , , |

1. Richard S. Jackson
    December 10th, 2008 at 2:20 pm #

Richard Tombstone Jackson
    Having been an active member of the NFLPA since its inception, it troubles me greatly to realize that over the course of those many years I received no information from them regarding signing up for the GLA list. No doubt there are numerous other former players who can say the same. This is particularly troubling given the fact that I contacted the NFLPA’s office on numerous occasions complaining about the uncompensated use of our images on cards and other media as well as the lack benefits such as health and life insurance. Are there any provisions being made for those of us who have been excluded from the process of this settlement?

Richard S. Jackson

December 12th, 2008 at 6:36 pm #

Dear Richard,

I would recommend that you write a letter to Dick Berthelson from the NFLPA and ask these good questions. We will then make a post of your letter.

In answer to your question, “No, not that I’m aware of.” Hopefully, Mr. Berthelson may give you a different answer.

Sincerely,

3. Bobby Boyd
    June 29th, 2009 at 6:54 am #

Bobby Boyd Colts
    Wondering same as Richard Jackson about the reason why only a select group received information and a GLA to sign. The excluded players deserve an answer to this question. Perhaps we need to get legal representation to handle this matter.

Bobby Boyd
    1960 – 1968
    Baltimore Colts

4. Almost There: Motions Filed for NFLPA/Players Inc. Settlement | Independent Retired Football Players Summit
    July 18th, 2009 at 7:39 pm #

[...] (If you need to look at the GLA list of Players in the lawsuit click HERE.) [...]

5. Rickey Young
    July 26th, 2009 at 6:29 pm #

Rickey Young
    I played for the San Diego Chargers and Minnesota Vikings from 1975-1983. I’m beyond troubled to find out that I am not included in the list of players. A class action is usually all inclusive for the entire group unless we decide to opt out–meaning ALL PLAYERS are included. I never opted out, yet I’m not included, even though my image is part of John Madden’s video games. Unbelievable. I’m sure that there are hundreds of us not included… and we absolutely should have been included.

How can we group together to get included… or take it to the next step with Madden? We — all players — need to be included. Dave, help us out here… this is bigger than this first settlement… much bigger… how can we make it happen for all players?

Rickey Young

6. Gary Knafelc
    August 6th, 2009 at 2:54 pm #

Gary Knafelc
    I played for the Packers from 1953 – 1963. My name is NOT on the list?

Gary Knafelc
    Green Bay Packers

7. John Houser
    August 16th, 2009 at 8:46 pm #

John Houser
    I wasn’t offered a GLA to sign either. On the list, I see several teammates from my seven active years (1957 – 1963) in the NFL. It only stands to reason that if we indeed played side-by-side, I was in the pictures too… I see that my good friend, Duane Putnam, is checked off on the list four times. We were both starting guards with the LA Rams. Many a time the Putter and I led the way for Jon Arnett on end sweeps…

Come to think of it, even Arnett isn’t on the list either. You gotta be kiddin’ me!

John Houser