Just When You Think It’s a Slow News Day…
Dave is preparing himself to go into his hip replacement surgery next Tuesday and we were discussing topics and news items to post on his blog. It’s been a bit of a slow news day. But then this one dropped into our lap from out of the blue.
As some of you with other blogs may know, most blogs allow you to view and moderate any comments that come in for the posts. It’s as much to screen out spam as it is to authenticate and verify the accuracy and source of those comments. Over the past months, the level of spam comments – online casinos, porn, pharmaceutical drugs of every ilk – has exploded and it’s been a daily task to ensure those comments don’t get published. That said, we also do our best to be fair to anyone who has a valid opinion to voice so that all sides to the discussion have a fair voice. While several of us confer on the direction and content for Dave’s blog, it’s Dave’s personal integrity that guides everything along. And that’s why we continue to help Dave and his fellow players on their long road towards a fair and equitable resolution to the public looting of their long overdue compensation.
This morning, we received a comment from an anonymous source named “Catherine.” Here it is in its entirety awaiting my approval for posting (click on images to enlarge for viewing):
So we had an interesting discussion about allowing this to post up as a Comment to maintain fairness. But we also discussed posting a counter-comment as an answer to this cowardly anonymous commenter. But before doing this, I also went ahead and back-traced the IP Address to check on the source for this little tidbit. Lo and behold, here’s a screenshot of the subsequent ARIN WHOIS IP Search:
Hmmm – Looks like the comment came from inside the offices of… NFL attorneys Akin Gump! (And it looks like they use AT&T WorldNet as their ISP.) Ha Ha Ha – Busted!
Maybe we’ll just spell the word ‘Malfeasance‘ here. Better yet, here’s the definition for TRUTH (from Dictionary.com) back at you:
truth Pronunciation[trooth] Pronunciation Key – Show IPA Pronunciation,
–noun, plural truths
1. the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
2. conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.
3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.
4. the state or character of being true.
5. actuality or actual existence.
6. an obvious or accepted fact; truism; platitude.
7. honesty; integrity; truthfulness.
8. (often initial capital letter) ideal or fundamental reality apart from and transcending perceived experience: the basic truths of life.
9. agreement with a standard or original.
10. accuracy, as of position or adjustment.
11. Archaic. fidelity or constancy.
12. in truth, in reality; in fact; actually: In truth, moral decay hastened the decline of the Roman Empire.
You can’t possibly believe that it’s business-as-usual any more, folks. It’s the Internet and the Truth shall set you free!